清明节官方翻译(清明节英文怎么说)

清明节英文怎么说(清明节官方翻译)

二十年前,我开出租车谋生。

One night I went to pick up a passenger at 2:30 AM.

有天夜里两点半,我去接一位乘客。

When I arrived there, I walked to the door and knocked.

到达目的地后,我去敲了门。

"Just a minute," answered a weak, elderly voice.

“等一会儿,”回答我的是一个虚弱又苍老的声音。

After a long pause, the door opened. An old man in his eighties stood before me. By his side was a small suitcase.

我等了很久门才被打开。一位80岁的老人站在我面前。他身边是一个小小的行李箱。

337、晨读夜诵,英语小故事(中英对照):“一位乘客的故事”

When we got into the taxi, he gave me an address, and then asked, "Could you drive through downtown?"

当我们上车后,他给了我地址,然后问我,“你能从市中心走吗?”

"It's not the shortest way," I answered quickly.

“这可不是最短的路啊,” 我快速回答道。

"Oh, I'm in no hurry," he said. "I'm on my way to a hospice(收容所). I don't have any family left. The doctor says I don't have very long."

“哦,我不急,”他说, “我要去的地方是个收容所。我没有家人。医生说我活不久了。”

I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

我悄悄伸手关掉了计价器。

For the next two hours, we drove through the city.

接下来的两个小时,我们开车行驶在市中心。

He showed me the building where he had once worked and the neighborhood where he had lived.

他指给我看他曾经工作过的大楼和居住过的社区。

337、晨读夜诵,英语小故事(中英对照):“一位乘客的故事”

Sometimes he'd ask me to slow down in front of a special building and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

有时,他会在我们经过某个特殊的大楼时让我停下来,然后他就那么坐着,凝视着黑暗,一言不发。

In the early morning, he suddenly said, "I'm tired. Let's go now."

清早他突然对我说:“我好累啊,咱们走吧。”

We drove in silence to the address he had given me.

在沉默中,我开往了他所给的地址。

"How much do I pay you?" he asked.

“我该付你多少钱?” 他问。

"Nothing." I said.

“不用了,” 我说。

"You have to make a living," he answered.

“你得以此谋生啊,” 他说道。

"Oh, there are other passengers," I answered.

“哦,还有别的乘客呢,” 我回答道。

Almost without thinking, I gave him a hug. He held on to me and said, "You gave an old man a little moment of joy."

我不假思索地给了他一个拥抱。他紧紧抱住我,说道:“你给了一位老人片刻的欢愉。”

337、晨读夜诵,英语小故事(中英对照):“一位乘客的故事”

(0)
版权声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,请发送邮件至 ZLME@ZLME.COM 举报,一经查实,立刻删除。

相关推荐